Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Intermountain Region Planning Rule Roundtable
The Forest Service is hosting public rountables in locations around the country to engage stakeholders in dialogue about the development of a new Forest Service planning rule.
The Intermountain Region (Region 4) will host its Planning Rule Roundtables on April 8, 2010 in fourteen locations throughout the Region. Additional information and a draft agenda for the Region 4 Roundtables can be found at the Region 4 website. There will be two opportunities at each location to participate: from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. during the workday; or from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the evening. The afternoon and evening sessions are identical. Please pre-register before the meeting you plan to attend by clicking Register above, or by calling the meeting contact below. (Pre-registration is not necessary but is very helpful for meeting organizers.)
Roundtable locations and contacts:
Salt Lake City, UT – Raddison Hotel Downtown, 215 West South Temple. Contact - Glen Stein: 801-625-5281 or Joanna Wilson: 801-625-5736
Vernal, UT – Ashley National Forest Supervisor’s Office, 355 N. Vernal Ave. Contact - Kathy Paulin: 435-781-5160
Boise, ID – Boise National Forest Supervisor’s Office, 1249 South Vinnell Way, Suite 200. Contact - Dave Olson: 208-373-4105
Jackson, WY – Bridger-Teton National Forest Supervisors Office, 340 North Cache. Contact - Michael Schrotz: 307-739-5500.
Idaho Falls, ID – Caribou-Targhee National Forest Supervisor’s Office, 1405 Hollipark Drive. Contact - Lynn Ballard: 208-557-5765.
Richfield, UT – Fishlake National Forest Supervisors Office, 115 East 900 North. Contact - John Zapell: 435-896-1070, or Mariann Ortor or Doug Robison 435-896-9233.
- Sparks, NV – Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest Supervisors Office, 1200 Franklin Way. Contact - Kathy Lucich: 775-355-5322.
- Las Vegas, NV – Spring Mt. National Recreation Area, 4701 N. Torry Pines Drive. Contact - Kathy Lucich: 775-355-5322.
- Elko, NV – Mountain City Ranger District, 2035 Last Chance Rd. Contact - Kathy Lucich: 775-355-5322.
- Price, UT – Manti-LaSal National Forest Supervisors Office, 599 W. Price Drive. Contact - Marlene Depietro: 435-636-3539.
- Cedar City, UT – Dixie National Forest Supervisors Office, 1789 N. Wedgewood Lane. Contact - Gina Lampman: 435-865-3700.
- McCall, ID – Payette National Forest Supervisors Office, 800 W. Lakeside Avenue. Contact - Laua Pramuck: 208-634-0784.
- Salmon, ID – Salmon-Challis National Forest Supervisors Office, 1206 S. Challis Street. Contact - Lyle Powers: 208-756-5557
- Twin Falls, ID – Sawtooth National Forest Supervisors Office, 2647 Kimberly Rd. East. Contact - Julie Thomas: 208-737-3262.
If you have questions concerning special needs or to request sign language interpretation, contact Margot Smit at (303) 413-8576 or email@example.com at least a week before the meeting.
Other activities related to the Planning Rule:
The collaborative process provides numerous avenues for contributing meaningful input to the Agency’s decision making process. In addition to the Regional Roundtables, the collaboration process includes a Science Forum, three National Roundtables, Tribal collaboration, and an electronic discussion forum at Planning Rule Blog to engage, educate, encourage meaningful dialogue with stakeholders. Please refer to the Forest Service Planning Rule Website for additional information, as well as dates, locations, and registration links for all of the in-person events.
USDA Forest Service
The Science Forum and Roundtables are convened by the USDA Forest Service with assistance from meeting facilitators.